Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day


The kind nurses at St John's NICU made this card for Reuben on my first ever Mother's Day. I enjoyed snuggling up to my boy today with Jason, I didn't want to be anywhere else.
What joy to be able to hold you for hours on end in my lap, to smell youk, to sing to you, to talk to you, to breath on your forehead and through your fair hair. My first ever Mother's Day that I've longed for for so many years. I am my boy's mummy. I will always love and cherish him, do the best for him, learn what I can do to help him have a full and enriched life. Learn sign language, learn about occupational therapy, Gtubes, congenital heart diseases, heart murmurs, attend the CHARGE foundation conference. Wow! How our lives have changed in 2 weeks. I have little concept of time, when I last spoke to family and friends.

No comments: