Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A child's view: Morning nap





Friday, November 13th, Reuben is having fun at school and Mama takes us for a stroll through Westwood Village. We make our usual stop at Wholefoods where I always get to try lovely cheeses and the man behind the cafe counter always gives me little special things to try, like warm chocolate milk and cookies. Mama, I have to confess, is a cheesaholic and whilst she's only supposed to take one little piece to try, she keeps coming back to the same display hoping no one will notice, and picks up more little blocks of cheddar with cranberries. Anyway, all this cheese eating has got the better of me as we walk through the village to Mama's favourite camera store. Mama's talking to a few of the technicians: the first man has incredibly long dreadlocks, the second is completely bald and the third has super shiny black hair. With my little brain trying to decipher how three men could look so completely different, it makes my eyes tired and that along with the little blocks of cheese sitting at the bottom of my stomach, and their dulcet tones, I start to feel sleepy. I have a lovely cosy seat in my orange Bugaboo and it smells of me so that's familiar and comfortable. I rest my hand on its arm with my fingers curled round the parasol and my eyes just, well, flutter and drop til I'm happy in dreamland.

3 comments:

Victoria Nelson said...

Catherine,
I've had so much catching up to do! First of all, Happy Belated Birthday. It looks like it was such fun - wish I could've been there to celebrate with such a beautiful, admirable woman.
The boys look so amazing as well.
Please give them hugs and kisses from us.
Love,
Victoria

Abi Roman said...

Beautiful and awe inspiring - Well done Reuben! We look forward to one day hearing that sweet voice too, your friends in the UK xxx

JENN said...

Hi "Reu" and "Mama" Catherine, sounds like that was a Fun Funny Friday the 13th November outing on Thanksgiving month....

Then, comes December 13th around the corner coming soon...

Love your storytelling about your experiences with your kids...

HAPPY HOLIDAYS RJD & CAL and family...


JGF