Friday, June 24, 2011

Local beach boys - Los Angeles Family Photographer




Last night I had a stunning dream.

Exploding with colour, the boys and other children, running around and then cutting to images of flowers, the camera refocusing from the background to the foreground, moving images, a gorgeous video. And in my dream I was thinking how I would love to create the same video that I was watching.

And when I awoke this morning, my dream came back to me and then later, I realized that I'd creatively directed and made a movie in my dreams, one which I've been wanting to make, but didn't yet have executable ideas for. The stunning movie in my dreams was one I'd created in my dreams, and now I have the ideas to actually make the video. Funny hey….

A swim with Callum at school in the therapy pool, home for stories to be read in the garden and the Bob books have arrived so Reuben could proudly announced "I read the whole book!" which I then realized is the Bob books trademark. Not so original a comment then. And he read 6 books all by himself, eagerly wanting to go to the next in the box set and Callum excited too.

The marine layer, June gloom, was settling in again from the ocean as it does from almost every evening to every morning here in Los Angeles, one of the foggiest cities at this time of year in the US. It rushes in from the ocean, shooting through the mass of blue skies which are otherwise almost entirely cloudless throughout the year, before burning off to a hazy sunshine by high noon. And so by the time we reached the beach close to home, we were in the thick of it.

2 comments:

dxeechick said...

love the processing on these. beautiful!

Jenna said...

Hi
My name is Jenna and I came across your site. the boys, are cute, sweet, and adoreble. Reuben is a courageous, strong and determined fighter. He is a brave warrior, smilen champ and an inspirational hero. I was born with a rare life threatening disease, and love it when people sign my guestbook. www.miraclechamp.webs.com