Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Auntie Anne-Marie & Cousin Aurora's visit

Anne-Marie and Aurora (aged 8 11/12ths) finally arrived in LA after an 11hr drive from Yosemite. She'll hate me saying that it took 10hrs to drive the 200 miles from San Francisco to Yosemite last Friday after I left them for the airport. That said, I have to commend her bravery in tackling the mesmerizing array of freeways into LA by herself whilst driving an automatic and on the wrong side of the road for the first time. She'd asked for a compact, but of course was issued by Hertz with something akin to a gas guzzler by European standards. We're driving to Palm Springs for Friday night (seeing Reuben Friday morning, Saturday night) and the dizzying heights of temperatures in the 120s.

The girls are smitten with Reuben and as always I love showing him off.

2 comments:

Geraldine said...

Hi girls, hope you're having a lovely time together. Aurora looks beautiful in the pictures. How was Yosemite and San Fran Anne - I hear you got a little lost but at least it wasn't from bad direction from me this time!

yp said...

Isn't she just gorgeous? The very breath of life of joy in her face!