Friday, September 21, 2007

Tracheostomy scheduled

When a Dr tells us, even if he'd been marginal on the extubation (pulling out of the ventilator tube. He wasn't marginal. He had zero airway left from all the damage and was suffocating), he would have recommended a trach. If Reuben had been discharged and caught the dreaded RSV virus, we wouldn't have time to catch an ambulance. Decision made.

8 comments:

ellen charge said...

good luck and ill b thinking of u all

MK said...

hopefully with great report he will come home after this. Thinking of you daily and may strength be around every corner you turn. Standing in the Gap for you......

yp said...

Holding you with great love as always - oxo, y

Johnny, Sarah & Lottie said...

We'll be thinking about you 3 as always. Reuben's obviously such a brave boy and a real fighter, so we're sure he'll sail through it !

Lots of Love,

Johnny, Sarah and Lottie x

Ericap said...

We are all thinking of the three of you here and routing for a sound recovery and you being able to be on the path to taking your love home.

Love
Erica

skeybunny said...

We'll be thinking of Reuben tomorrow.

Hugs,
Sarah, Jeremy, and Evan

Paul said...

G'day and good luck from Aussie. We read your blog every day, the boys can't wait to play with Reuben one day soon.

Looking forward to some very good news on Ruby (on) Tuesday.

Stat, Jo, Jackson and Harrison
xXx

mog-aj said...

I hope all goes well and thinking of you all. X