Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Finger painting



Finally, we got to enjoy the joys of finger painting. Aren't I just the nesting mum, trying to fit everything in before the new baby comes along? Think Halloween will be about the last post as I need to make time to actually make a photo album of Reuben. Yes I know, hard to believe that the only physical evidence I have is this blog. Somebody better not inadvertently press Delete on it...

Anyway, back to the finger painting. Reuben took to it like a duck to water, loved the idea, studied his hands that had turned into a lovely artist's palette. His hands hold so much symbolic meaning for me, their expertise in communicating, as if in utter defiance of the months of being tied down through intubation. A great sensory experience for him too, loving to get his hands dirty.

1 comment:

hannah m said...

How wonderful! I can't wait to try this with Viv - I've tried playdough and drawing but she wasn't that into those things a couple months ago, maybe it's time to try again. I hope you'll frame Reuben's first masterpiece!