Sunday, November 16, 2008

Little scared again over mesenteric cyst

Callum had his ultrasound today re the mesenteric cyst. Two cysts are now visualised of similar size. I guess the second couldn't be determined on the fetal ultrasound. Now being referred to paediatric surgery at Cedars Sinai but of course we're speaking to our Dr friends at CHLA for their advice again (update: we're now going to be seeing Reu's paediatric surgeon at CHLA). Callum's growing well, is heavier than his birth weight and is feeding well. I guess this should give us some reassurance that his intestines are working well despite the intestinal cysts, but the mention of surgery still leaves us unsettled.

Meanwhile Mama is officially mobile again, having been given the all clear to drive again after 2 weeks. What happened to my 6 week rest? After an horrific week of pain last week, I'm back in the saddle again and feeling much better.

4 comments:

Crystal M. said...

I will keep him in my thoughts and prayer, its always scarey for a mom to hear more not so good news. I would be asking your doctors at Childrens also. I trust my childrens over any other hospital in the area.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

AnnieG said...

Congratulations on the big "four-o". You look lovelier than ever! Pregnancy and motherhood agree with you!
Why don't you have Callum referred to pediatric surgery at CHLA? We do good work...
Love,
Annie

hannah m said...

Sending all positive thoughts and prayers your way...I can imagine that this must be very unsettling, but to know Callum is thriving and growing is very important! Keep us updated...

So glad to know that you're feeling better, Catherine.

Anonymous said...

We just hope and give all and do our best as a Mother...right?

With prayers for your family and especially to your "buttercup" Callum...

By Jenn