Thursday, November 20, 2008

Nape of a newborn













The days Callum and I spent alone in hospital were wondrous, some of the best moments of my life, time to bond with my new son with nothing to distract us, time to study every little detail of his newness. I fell in love with the nape of his neck, the soft downiness of his little hairs standing to attention like a line of little soliders, the undulating creases along his shoulders, the fresh smell upon his skin. Little details of Callum at 2 days old.

3 comments:

Crystal M. said...

That is one of my favorite things of a newborn also. Enjoy it!!
Crystal and Eva

Anonymous said...

VERY very precious bonding with your little one....

How wonderful feeling that is...

Just makes you feel the luckiest Mom in the world right!!?

By friend Jenn (Nurse Jenn)

Unknown said...

ah so sweet i know uve done exact same pics with reu and now i cant decide whos cuter coz they both r jsut deleicous