Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year's Day

It's March (you see I'm writing in the future), so I thought it was time to post our incredible New Year's Day. I was pacing myself...

After ice skating with long term friends, Vanessa (fellow Brit) and Martin along with their boys Milo & Moses and Vanessa's Dad over from the UK, and joined by Jenn, we strolled onto the California Bluffs overlooking Santa Monica and the kids ran wild. Meanwhile, I was nursing a post New Year's head so the fresh air felt amazing. We finished the perfect day with Mass celebrating the feast of the Virgin Mary and dinner at PF Changs. There can be few places beyond Santa Monica where you can skate in the hot sun, take a few steps and stroll along the beach. Is it not glorious to see the sun go down beyond the oceanic horizon on the first day of the new year...




























No comments: